Skip to Main Content

Duplicate or Change of Address

By law if you move, you are required to notify us of your new address within sixty (60) days. You may notify the Department of Safety to change your address on our records, online at or in writing to Handgun Permit Office, P.O. Box 23710, Nashville TN 37202.

If you wish to receive a permit with your new address, or if you have misplaced or lost your handgun carry permit, you will need to apply for a duplicate.

To Receive a Duplicate Handgun Carry Permit

  • You will need to complete an application. To receive an application by mail call (615) 251-8590.
  • Complete and sign your application. Mail the application and the $5.00 fee payable by check or money order to the following address:
  • Tennessee Department of Safety & Homeland Security
    Handgun Permit Office
    P.O. Box 23710
    Nashville TN 37202
  • You may also get your duplicate application at any Driver Services Center. The Driver Services Center cannot issue the duplicate handgun carry permit.
  • Incomplete applications cannot be processed.

To Change Your Address Without Getting a New Handgun Carry Permit

You have the option to change your record, and not have the address shown on your permit. For information about changing your record online, visit the online address change page at