Failure to Establish Financial Responsibility Following an Accident (T.C.A. 55-12-105) or Final Judgment on an Accident (T.C.A. 55-12-118) - Restricted Authority (T.C.A. 55-12-132)
The statute allows for the issuance of a restricted driver license to operate only employer’s company owned vehicle while on company business upon furnishing proof of financial responsibility (SR-22 form) covering the employee.
- Submit letter from employer on company letterhead requesting individual be approved restricted license and that individual will be driving company vehicles on the job.
- Submit SR-22 form from the employer's insurance company filed in the name of employer and on behalf of the person (employee) applying for the restricted.
- Submit required reinstatement fee ($115 if revocation for accident claim or $150 for unsatisfied judgment on accident). Plus $75 failure to surrender driver license fee, if applies.
- Submit a release of claims for damages/personal injury from party who filed claim or obtained judgment; or affidavit of non-suit depending on which applies.
- The above items must be submitted at a Reinstatement Office or by mail to Nashville for approval of the restricted to be issued.
- Approval letter must be presented at Driver Services Center along with $65 license fee and $2 application fee.