Pending DUI Case - Restricted Authority (T.C.A. 55-50-502(c) (3))
The statute allows for a judge to order a DUI offender to only drive to and from their place of work or to drive a vehicle equipped with an ignition interlock device while a DUI charge is pending. This restriction is in addition to any other restrictions on the license at the time. If interlock is already required due to a prior revocation, you will be required to maintain interlock while driving to and from work on the Pending DUI restricted license.
- Obtain a certified order from the court where convicted, or court in county of residence, signed by Judge. Geographic location restricted to only driving to and from, and working at, person's regular place of employment.
- Obtain SR-22 from liability insurance company showing currently in effect (policy or other document not acceptable).
- Pay a $65 license fee and $2.00 application fee.
- Take the original certified Court Order and a copy to a Driver Services Center within ten (10) days of the date of the Court Order along with any other required documentation.
- If the Court or statute requires an individual be restricted to vehicles with functioning ignition interlock device, the device must be installed on the vehicle and installation papers presented at the Driver Service Center.