Tennessee Tobacco QuitLine
Tennessee Tobacco Quitline
Call the Tennessee Tobacco QuitLine at 1-800-QUIT-NOW (1-800-784-8669).
You may also join the program online at www.tnquitline.org. IT’S FREE!!
It’s hard to quit smoking. But studies show that people who use a program really do better.
Now you can sign up for the FREE Tennessee Tobacco Quit Line program to help you quit for good.
Voluntary Smoke Free Policies
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the QuitLine?
- The Tennessee Tobacco QuitLine is a toll-free telephone service that provides personalized support for Tennesseans who want to quit smoking or chewing tobacco.
How will the QuitLine help?
- When you call the QuitLine you will be assigned your own quit coach.
- Your quit coach will help you understand how to quit tobacco and help you develop a plan that works for you.
- The plan will fit YOUR needs and you have the same quit coach for a whole year.
How Does Telephone Coaching Work?
- The quit coach’s help you figure out what works best for you.
- A quit coach doesn’t tell you what to do.
- You work with a quit coach to make changes that fit your life.
Do I have to pay anything for the services?
- No. Services provided through the QuitLine are free of charge to all residents of Tennessee.
Who answers the QuitLine when I call?
- Intake personnel explain the services offered by the Tennessee Tobacco QuitLine.
- They gather basic personal information, tobacco history and assign you to a professionally trained quit coach.
When is the QuitLine available?
Mon. – Fri. 8:00 a.m.– 11:00 p.m.
Sat. 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Sun. 11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Mon. – Fri. 7:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
Sat. 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Sun. 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Is the QuitLine call confidential?
- All calls are completely confidential.
- Some calls are recorded for training and quality assurance.
How many times can I call the QuitLine?
- There is no limit to the number of times a person may call the QuitLine.
I’ve already used tobacco for years. The damage is done. Why call the QuitLine now?
- Even if you’ve used tobacco for decades, the benefits of quitting are considerable and immediate.
- Within 20 minutes of giving up tobacco, elevated blood pressure and pulse decrease.
- In two days, nerve endings regenerate.
- In two weeks, circulation improves.
- In one to nine months, fatigue and shortness of breath decrease.
- In one year, the risk of a heart attack is cut in half.