About Farm TRACS
Tennessee Farm TRACS (Traceability Reporting for the Agricultural Community System) aims to prevent crimes in our agricultural community. This online communication tool enables the public to report and be informed of agricultural crime in their community, and provides law enforcement with information that may help in solving crimes.
What Does it Do?
• Notifies subscribers of crimes affecting the agricultural community
• Spearheads community meetings to broaden the network of local collaboration
• Offers prevention tips, best management practices, and information on the newest technologies available to combat rural crime
Tips to Safeguard Your Farm and Investments
• Lock gates and equipment
• Keep areas well lit
• Install security or game cameras
• Photograph livestock and equipment
• Mark equipment for identification
• Brand livestock
• Count livestock daily
• Report missing animals and equipment to law enforcement immediately
• Watch out for strangers and report unusual activity
• Record tag numbers and descriptions of unfamiliar vehicles
• Vary your schedule and livestock feeding times
• If possible, keep livestock and equipment out of public view
For additional information about starting a Farm TRACS in your community, contact Mike Whaley with the Agricultural Crime Unit at (931) 723-5046 or call toll free 1-844-AGCRIME (1-844-242-7463).