About Farm TRACS
Tennessee Farm TRACS (Traceability Reporting for the Agricultural Community System) is an online communication tool that allows crime reports and information to pass quickly between the public and law enforcement. This enables the public to report and to stay informed of agricultural crime in their community and provides law enforcement with information that may help in solving crimes.
What Does it Do?
• Allows the public to subscribe and to receive free email alerts of crimes affecting the agricultural community.
• Provides a free online portal for the public and law enforcement to report agricultural crime directly to the Agricultural Crime Unit for evaluation and investigation.
• Streamlines communication between the public and law enforcement.
Tips to Safeguard Your Farm and Investments
• Lock gates and equipment
• Keep areas well lit
• Install security or game cameras
• Photograph livestock and equipment
• Mark equipment for identification
• Brand livestock
• Count livestock daily
• Report missing animals and equipment to law enforcement immediately
• Watch out for strangers and report unusual activity
• Record tag numbers and descriptions of unfamiliar vehicles
• Vary your schedule and livestock feeding times
• If possible, keep livestock and equipment out of public view
For additional information, contact the Agricultural Crime Unit at email@example.com or 1-844-AGCRIME (1-844-242-7463).