Compliance Tool Box
Compliance Tool Box is a collection of documents and references all designed to help tank owners learn about and achieve compliance with the Tennessee Underground Storage Tank rules and regulations. Copies are mailed to all Tennessee tank owners early in each year.
Follow the directions below to download a free copy of the 2018 Compliance Tool Box — 1.06 GB file.
- Once the download is complete, go to the folder where you saved the zipped file and you will see a folder labeled 2019 Toolbox.zip. Double click this folder. It will open the contents where you will see several folders and files.
- . A dialog box should appear that ask if you want to extract all, run or cancel. Select extract all. It will ask you to select a folder for extraction. Click Extract.
- Once extracted the folder should open automatically. You will see folders and files. Double click the application called 2019Toolbox and the Toolbox will open. Any time you want to reopen the 2019 Toolbox you should be able to go back to this folder and just double click the 2019 Toolbox.
All the features of the program should work on your Windows compatible computer. As you navigate the Toolbox you can always go back to the starting page by clicking Main Menu in the upper right hand corner. To exit the Toolbox, click the X in the box in the upper right hand corner.
There are some links on the toolbox that will only access documents on other web sites, like the links to the UST Law and Rules, for instance. You may only view those if your computer is connected to the Internet. Otherwise you will get a message indicating that page cannot be viewed.
Tennessee Underground Storage Tank Owner Compliance Manual
The 2017 Tennessee Underground Storage Tank Owner Compliance Manual is now available. This manual was developed in an effort to help Tennessee tank owners understand the things they must do to achieve and maintain compliance for their underground storage tanks. It is written in easy to understand language, and contains a number of helpful checklists and useful forms. This Manual should provide answers to many of your compliance questions.
Other Useful Links
The Division has located several documents that describe some Best Management Practices (BMPs) or are good resources.
- Suggested Periodic Maintenance for Automatic Tank Gauges and Sensors from the Colorado Department of Labor and Employment, Division of Oil and Public Safety, July, 2001
- Line Leak Detector Maintenance Checklist from the National Work Group on Leak Detection Evaluations List, June, 2001
- Automatic Tank Gauge Checklist for Magnetostrictive and Ultrasonic Probes from the National Work Group on Leak Detection Evaluations List, April, 1997
- Automatic Tank Gauge Checklist for Mass Buoyancy Probes from the National Work Group on Leak Detection Evaluations List, April, 1997
- Spill And Overfill Operation & Maintenance Checklist from Operating And Maintaining Underground Storage Tank Systems Practical Help And Checklists USEPA, April, 2000
- Walk-Through Inspection Checklist from Operating And Maintaining Underground Storage Tank Systems Practical Help And Checklists USEPA, April, 2000
- What to do before, during and after fuel delivery from Underground Storage Tank Operation and Maintenance Manual, Alaska Department of Environmental Conservation, March, 2000
- Operating and Maintaining Underground Storage Tank Systems Practical Help and Checklists (EPA, August 2000) and encourage their compliance with UST requirements.