Skip to Main Content

Apply for a School Services Personnel License

Educators who provide services for students other than instruction are issued a School Services Personnel License.  These roles (listed below) require specialized training that is significantly different than training required for teachers. 

  • School Guidance Counselor
  • School Psychologist
  • Speech Language Pathologist
  • School Social Worker

The minimum requirements for the School Services Personnel License include:

  • The applicant must be at least 18 years of age
  • The applicant must hold at least a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college/university.  In several cases, specific endorsements require an advanced degree.
  • The applicant must have successfully completed a state-approved educator preparation program and be recommended for licensure by that provider; and
  • The applicant must meet all requirements regarding assessments and qualifying scores as specified by State Board of Education rules or policy.
  • The applicant must ensure that the department has on file official transcripts of all credits earned through an institution of higher education.  The transcript must have the school seal and/or a signature of the registrar.
  • The applicant must meet requirements for the area of endorsement.