Tennessee Early Intervention System (TEIS)
Tennessee's Early Intervention System is a voluntary educational program for families with children birth through age two with disabilities or developmental delays.
The principles of Early Intervention are to:
- Support families in promoting their child’s optimal development
- Facilitate the child’s participation in family and community activities.
- Encourage the active participation of families in the intervention by imbedding strategies into family routines.
Make a Referral to TEIS
You may make a referral to TEIS by:
- calling (800) 852-7157,
- completing our online referral form, or
- calling your local district office listed on the TEIS main page.
Please provide the following information:
- your name and contact information,
- the child’s name, date of birth, county the child lives in,
- parent information (if someone other than the parent calls), and
- the reason for referral or developmental concern.
Notice of Application:
The vendor application for Tennessee's Early Intervention System (TEIS) beginning July 1, 2019 - June 30, 2024 is now available.
The deadline for application submission is 3 p.m. CT, April 15, 2019.
It is the parents who provide the real early intervention by creatively adapting their child care methods to facilitate the development of their child, while balancing the needs of the rest of the family.