TNReady Social Studies
- The social studies assessments in grades 6 through 8 will assess the current Tennessee Academic Standards for social studies, which require students to demonstrate historical awareness, geographical understanding, and the ability to analyze primary source documents.
- The test will consist of two subparts (50 minutes each).
- The test will include 2-point and 4-point written response items, which provide the opportunity for students to showcase their knowledge and ability to respond to historical questions in writing, as well as multiple choice as multiple select items.
- For high school students, the U.S. History/Geography assessment, which is the only End-of-Course exam in social studies, students will be assessed on the current Tennessee Academic Standards and required to demonstrate a deep understanding of civics, culture, economics, and geography within the context of U.S. History /Geography with special attention to Tennessee connections.
- The test will consist of three subparts (50 minutes, 45 minutes, and 45 minutes).
- The test will including a written response item, which requires students to provide a response to a prompt with the use of several sources, as well as multiple choice and multiple select items.
The file below contains questions from previous TNReady assessments.
- EOC U.S. History Item Release, 2017-18
- Grades 6-8 Social Studies, Item Release, 2017-18
- U.S. History Item Release, Spring 2017
- Assessment Blueprints
- EOC Assessment Overview (2018-19)
- Grades 6-8 Assessment Overview (2018-19)
- Social Studies Sample Items - Written Response (Grades 5-8)
- Social Studies Sample Items - Written Response (High School EOC) Coming soon
- Social Studies Standards
- Testing Times
- Testing Dates
- U.S. History Writing Rubric