FO309 / FO310 Fire Officer III - Weeks 1 & 2
This two week course is designed for Fire Department Chief and Company Officers who are preparing to or entering the upper management level of his/her department. The objective of this course is to develop the chief officer for the administrative and operational challenges of the fire service in the 21st century.
FO309 - Week 1 (40 Hours)
FO310 - Week 2 (8 Hours)
- TFACA, Pro Board or IFSAC approved Fire Officer
- I, Fire Officer 2, Fire Instructor 1 and/or Tennessee Commission on
- Firefighting Certification at Fire Officer II Level. ICS classes 100, 200, 300,
- 400, 700, 800 are required for commission testing.
Must be at least 18 years of age.
Required Student Materials:
- Chief Officer Principles & Practices 2nd Edition Jones & Bartlett
- Laptop Computer with Excel, Power Point and Word
- USB Flash Drive with a minimum of 8MB or larger
- Students will be able to function as a participant in the day to day administrative/operationally focused process of fire service organizational community outreach programming, central record/data repository systems, budgeting planning with multi-agency involvement.
- Students will be eligible to test for certification at the Fire Officer III Level (NFPA 1021)