FO307 / FO308 - Fire Officer IV - Weeks 1 & 2
This two week course is designed for Fire Department Chief and Company Officers who are preparing to, or entering the upper management level of his/her department. The objective of this course is to develop the chief officer for the administrative and operational challenges of the fire service in the 21st century.
FO307 - Week 1 (40 Hours)
FO308 - Week 2 (8 Hours)
TFACA, Pro Board or IFSAC approved Fire Officer I, Fire Officer 2, Fire Officer III, Fire Instructor 1, NIMS ICS 100, 200, 700, 800, 300, & 400 (prior to Commission Testing) and/or Tennessee Commission on Firefighting Certification at Fire Officer III Level.
Must be at least 18 years of age.
Required Student Materials:
- Chief Officer-Principles & Practices-2nd Edition-Jones & Bartlett
- Laptop Computer with Excel, Power Point, Word
- USB Flash Drive with a minimum of 8MB or larger
- Students will be able to function as a participant in the day-to-day administrative/operationally focused process of fire service organizational community outreach programming, central record/data repository systems, budgeting planning with multi-agency involvement.
- Students will be eligible to test for certification at the Fire Officer IV level (NFPA 1021).