CC206-00 2012 ICC Compliant Safe Room Construction
This course is based on the International Residential Code, the International Building Code, and the Department of Homeland Security’s (FEMA) P-320, Taking Shelter From the Storm: Building a Safe Room For Your Home or Small Business (2008). Training will combine the ICC Code requirements with the FEMA manual on constructing Safe Rooms in residences and small businesses.
- $25.00 (For members of a governmental agency with responsibilities for inspection)
- Please contact TFACA for non-member and/or group pricing.
Maximum Class Size
Required Student Materials
- ’12 International Residential Code
- ’12 International Building Code
- ’08 FEMA P-320, Taking Shelter From the Storm: Building a Safe Room For Your Home or Small Business
- Understand the Need for Safe Rooms
- Understand the Construction of Safe Rooms
- Understand the Proper Code Enforcement for Safe Room Construction