Wilder-Naifeh Technical Skills Grant
The Wilder-Naifeh Technical Skills Grant is established and funded from the net proceeds of the state lottery and awarded to students who are enrolled at a TN College of Applied Technology.
Annual award amount - $2,000 per academic year (no more than cost of attendance)
- A student's program of study, leading to a certificate or diploma program, can be awarded under the Wilder-Naifeh Technical Skills Grant program
- Apply by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), available at www.fafsa.gov. Applications must be received by July 1 for the Summer trimester, November 1 for the Fall trimester, and March 1 for the Winter/Spring trimester. Early application is recommended
- Enroll in a certificate or diploma program at a Tennessee College of Applied Technology and maintain satisfactory academic progress and continuous enrollment
- As of Fall 2015, prior Tennessee HOPE Scholarship recipients may qualify
- Cannot be a prior recipient of the Wilder-Naifeh Technical Skills Grant
- Available to all students enrolled at a Tennessee College of Applied Technology who are residents of this state; as classified pursuant to TCA 49-8-104
Grant terminates after earning certificate or diploma.
Under certain circumstances, Wilder-Naifeh Technical Skills Grant recipients who complete their diploma from a Tennessee College of Applied Technology consisting of at least nine hundred (900) clock hours may be eligible to receive a HOPE Scholarship by enrolling at an eligible two-year or four-year postsecondary institution within three years of completing a diploma.