Producer Diversification Program Requirements
- Applications must be submitted during the application period October 1 - 15, 2019.
- Applications may be submitted by one of the following methods:
- Mail – Applications must have a postmark date ranging from October 1 - 15, 2019.
- Hand delivery to TDA, Holeman Building, 424 Hogan Road, Nashville, TN 37220 between October 1 - 15, 2019 during normal business hours.
- Applications will not be accepted if faxed or emailed.
- Applications are ineligible if postmarked or received prior to October 1 and after October 15, 2019.
- Application B cost share requests are evaluated on a competitive basis by industry sector.
- Applicants may only submit one Application B per Federal IRS Schedule F, per person, per application period, per operation.
- Applicant will be notified in writing of approval or disapproval. Approvals will be mailed mid-December.
- Reimbursement packet supersedes all information printed in the application booklet.
- Receipts dated prior to October 1, 2019 are not eligible.
- Receipts for in-kind services are not eligible. Trade-in value is not eligible.
- Used equipment, used materials, and leased equipment are not eligible for cost share reimbursement.
- Labor provided by applicant is not eligible for cost share reimbursement.
- Applicant cannot be reimbursed for purchases from a business where applicant participates in ownership (producer cooperatives excluded).
- Applicants cannot combine projects with other applicants and submit more than one reimbursement for the same item.
- Reimbursement documentation must be postmarked or hand delivered by the reimbursement request deadline. Additional processing time is required for incomplete reimbursement requests and requests submitted within one month of the program deadline. It is recommended that you submit your reimbursement request as soon as your project is completed.
- There can only be one reimbursement payment per cost share approval. Projects must be completed before submitting reimbursement request documentation.
- Falsifying applications, invoices, or other documents submitted to TDA may make producer and farm ineligible to participate in present and/or future TDA programs, and may result in civil litigation or criminal prosecution.
- Applicant must utilize equipment and structures reimbursed with cost share funds for the intended purpose of the program for a minimum of five (5) continuous years from date of purchase.
- Site visits relating to the performance of the project before, during, and after completion may take place.
- Applicants may be required to repay funds if they fail to comply with all aspects of the cost share guidelines.
Tennessee Department of Agriculture may:
- Accept, modify, or reject any or all requests.
- Modify program criteria, approval, and payment processes.
- Provide partial funding for specific activity components that may be less than the full amount requested.
- Require additional information from the applicant.
- Deny payments for projects that do not meet requirements.