Skin Care ShopBoard of Cosmetology and Barber Examiners
The application should be completed in its entirety, notarized and returned to the board office with a fee of one hundred dollars ($150.00). Application must be made at least two weeks before the date you wish to open your shop for business.
The initial inspection will be made within ten (10) days of the receipt of application by the board office. INSPECTION SHALL OCCUR WITHIN TEN (10) DAYS OF THE BOARD OFFICE ACTUAL RECEIPT OF THE APPLICATION, NOT TEN (10) DAYS FROM THE DATE APPLICATION IS MAILED.
A Skin Care shop must be equipped with at least the following before it can be inspected:One (1) sink which provides hot and cold running water, excluding the bathroom, must be in the shop
- One (1) sink which provides hot and cold running water in the work are, excluding the bathroom;
- One (1) hands free magnifying lamp;
- One (1) enclosed storage area for clean towels;
- One (1) covered and labeled container forsoiled towels;
- One (1) covered and labeled trash container maintained in a sanitary condition;
- One (1) reclining facial chair/table;
- One (1) wet sterilizer;
- One (1) ultra violet sanitizer;
- One (1) blood spill kit;
- Adequate restroom facilities with hot and cold water;
- One (1) sharp container for biohazard material removal;
- One (1) electric hot towel cabin;
- One (1) facial steamer;
- One (1) wax depilatory heater pot with manufacturer’s intended commercial use statement;
- Laundry facilities may not be visible to the public
- All containers for cosmetic products must be properly labeled
- All shops must have a licensed aesthetician or cosmetologist over the age of eighteen (18) acting in the role of manager (the owner may occupy this role if properly licensed) at all times the shop is open.
Residential shops must maintain a separate entrance without requiring passage through any portion of a private residence. Separate restroom facilities must be provided apart from the living quarters. All Cosmetology shops including ones located in a private residence, shall display a sign of sufficient size as to be clearly visible from the street, indicating that it is a shop. Laundry facilities may not be visible to the public.
Skin Care shops must have a licensed aesthetician who will serve as manager of the shop. A manager must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
Important Note - All new shops or change of location must be inspected and approved by an inspector of the board before opening for business.