Tennessee Reconnect Grant
The TN Reconnect is available to students who have not previously earned an associate or baccalaureate degree, are independent according to the FAFSA rules, and are enrolled part-time in an eligible program of study.
Award amount varies based on amount of remaining tuition and mandatory fees after all other gift aid has first been applied.
The scholarship is terminated after the student has attained an associate degree or certificate in an eligible program of study OR five (5) years have passed since the date of initial enrollment as a Tennessee Reconnect student. A student may continue to receive a Tennessee Reconnect Grant for an associate degree or sequential certificate following completion of a certificate which directly leads to the associate degree program or sequential certificate. If a student completes a certificate that does not lead directly to an associate degree or sequential certificate, the scholarship is terminated. Completion of a certificate or diploma at a Tennessee college of applied technology has no bearing on eligibility for the Tennessee Reconnect Grant.
- Be a Tennessee resident as classified by the Tennessee Board of Regents, pursuant to TCA 49-8-104
- File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by the deadline date, and be classified as an independent student
- Fall – September 1
- Spring – February 1
- Summer – February 1
- Be enrolled in a federal Title IV eligible curriculum of courses leading to a certificate or associate degree
- Not have previously earned an associate degree or more advanced degree
- Enroll in and attend at least six (6) credit hours at an eligible institution
- Maintain a minimum 2.0 cumulative grade point average (GPA) at the end of each academic year, as determined by the institution
- Participate in a college success program, as determined by the Tennessee Higher Education Commission (THEC)
For a list of eligible institutions, click here.