Tennessee Reconnect Grant
The TN Reconnect is available to students who have not previously earned an associate or baccalaureate degree, are independent according to the FAFSA rules, and are enrolled part-time in an eligible program of study.
Award amount varies based on amount of remaining tuition and mandatory fees after all other gift aid has first been applied.
Scholarship is terminated after the student has attained an associate degree or certificate in an eligible program of study OR five (5) years have passed since the date of initial enrollment as a TN Reconnect student. The student may continue to receive the TN Reconnect grant for an associate degree of sequential certification following completion of a certificate which directly leads to the associate degree or sequential certificate.
- Tennessee resident for one (1) year prior to date of application
- File the FAFSA by the deadline date (to be determined) and be classified as an independent student
- Be enrolled in a federal Title IV eligible curriculum of courses leading to a certificate or associate degree
- Not have previously earned an associate degree or baccalaureate degree
- Enroll in and attend at least six (6) hours at an eligible institution
- Maintain a minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA at the end of the academic year as determined by the institution
- Participate in a college success program, as determined by the Tennessee Higher Education Commission
- File the FAFSA by the established deadline and be classified as an independent student
- Fall - September 1
- Spring - February 1
- Summer - February 1
For a list of eligible institutions, click here.