Christa McAullife Scholarship Program
The Tennessee General Assembly created this scholarship program to honor the memory of Christa McAuliffe, a high school teacher who lost her life in the space shuttle Challenger accident. The scholarship program was established to encourage promising Tennesseans who have a commitment to teaching and inspiring young minds to explore and achieve their highest potential.
The scholarship is intended to assist and support a Tennessee resident who has demonstrated a commitment to a career in educating the youth of Tennessee. This is a one time $500 scholarship.
To be eligible, the applicant must:
- be a rising college junior enrolled full-time in a teacher education program in an accredited Tennessee postsecondary institution, and
- have completed at least their first semester of their junior year, and
- have at least a 3.5 cumulative grade point average, and
- have an ACT or SAT score that meets or exceeds the national norm.
An application, in order to be considered complete, must be accompanied by:
- an official college transcript, and
- an official ACT/SAT score.
Applications are available from TSAC or click on one of the links above. The award is very competitive and is based on limited funding. TSAC must receive the completed application and required attachments by the April 1 deadline.