State Public Policy and Legislative Priorities
The 112th General Assembly adjourned for the year on Wednesday, May 5, 2021. The General Assembly will reconvene at 12:00 noon (CST) on Tuesday, January 11, 2022 for the second of Tennessee’s 2-year legislative session.
Priority bills that are still pending:
- Priority bill: Universal Changing Tables SB602/HB905
- Priority bill: Texting 911 SB182/HB173
Keep up to date on disability policy news
Subscribe to the Council’s Weekly Policy Newsletter.
State Budget Impact to Disability Programs - FY21-22
- Download an overview of updates to TN's state budget and impact on disability programs (Word document)
- Download a presentation of updates to TN's state budget and impact on disability programs: Powerpoint version or PDF version
Other state resources on public policy
- Disability Policy Alliance - A public policy collaborative that includes The Arc Tennessee, Disability Rights Tennessee, and the Council.
- Vanderbilt Kennedy Center UCEDD Public Policy Team
- Tennessee Disability Coalition