Beginning in 1995, the Council has used its Stipend Fund (formerly called "Education Travel Fund") to assist Tennesseans with disabilities and their families to attend disability-related meetings, conferences and trainings held in Tennessee and across the United States. The fund also provides stipends to support conferences in Tennessee, and the mission and priorities of the Council.
Who Can Apply?
- An individual with a disability.
- A parent, family member, or guardian of an individual with a disability.
- An agency seeking an Organizational Stipend.
What is the Stipend Fund?
- Individual and Family Stipend - Assists Tennesseans with disabilities and their families, especially individuals from diverse backgrounds, to attend disability meetings, conferences, and trainings
- Organizational Stipend:
- Assists an organization to support a number of Tennesseans with a disability and family members to attend disability conferences
- Assists an organization to fund conference speakers presenting on disability topics
- Provides stipends to Tennessee disability conferences
- Provides stipends to organizations to support a Council priority:
- 1) leadership development
- 2) impacting policy and practice
- 3) informing and educating stakeholders
Submit the form by mail, email or fax at least 30 days before the event.