How to Find Legal Help
If you need help with a civil legal problem, information and resources are available.
- 888-aLEGALz (888-253-4259) is a service to assist Tennesseans who cannot afford a lawyer. Messages may be left at this number. Calls will be returned by licensed Tennessee lawyers.
- www.justiceforalltn.com/find-lawyer is a website which provides guidance on finding lawyers, Legal Aid offices, and legal clinics, as well as other legal resources in Tennessee.
- Submit legal questions confidentially at www.onlinetnjustice.org and receive answers from lawyers.
- www.tnjustice.org is the website for the Tennessee Justice Center, an organization which offers free legal advice to help secure the basic necessities of life, including health care, for Tennessee’s most vulnerable children and families.
- Tennessee Alliance for Legal Services
Address: 2416 21st Avenue South, Suite 100, Nashville, TN 37212
- Lawyer Referral Services are provided through local bar associations:
Memphis Bar Association 901-527-3573
Nashville Bar Association 615-242-6546
Chattanooga Bar Association 423-756-3222
Knoxville Bar Association 865-522-7501