Positions currently available in Nashville, Chattanooga, Memphis, and Bolivar, Tennessee.
Interested applicants should apply on-site at the desired hospital. Contact information is listed below.
The psychiatric technician position calls for team players with excellent communication skills. A job as a “psych tech” allows you to have a positive impact on patients in a team-focused setting. It’s an excellent way to consider a career in behavioral health, a rewarding field where jobs are available and good people are needed. And it comes with the benefits of working for the State of Tennessee.
Psychiatric technicians work directly under the supervision of a Registered Nurse to provide individualized psychological, emotional, and physical care to each patient.
Activities of a typical shift include:
- Providing emotional support and encouragement to patients as needed
- Communicating with patients clearly and in a therapeutic manner
- Teaching patients positive coping skills
- Providing a safe and secure environment for patients attending treatment mall, educational groups, and classes
- Helping patients maintain organized living spaces
- Assisting patients with meals and personal hygiene
Applicants must have a high school diploma or GED equivalent, must pass a criminal background check and a drug test. Valid driver’s license required.
|Middle Tennessee Mental Health Institute
221 Stewarts Ferry Pike
Nashville, TN 37214
HR Contact: Vera Graham
Phone: (615) 902-7576
|Moccasin Bend Mental Health Institute
100 Moccasin Bend Road
Chattanooga, TN 37405
HR Contact: Janet Morrison
Phone: (423) 785-3425
|Western Mental Health Institute
11100 U.S. Highway 64
Bolivar, TN 38008
HR Contact: Tiffeny Howell
Phone: (731) 228-0628
|Memphis Mental Health Institute
951 Court Ave
Memphis, TN 38013
HR Contact: Claudette Seymour
Phone: (901) 577-1836
Our hospitals ensure the highest quality of in-patient psychiatric services through accreditation and regulations from the Joint Commission, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, and the Tennessee Dept. of Mental Health & Substance Abuse.
Our Mission: Creating collaborative pathways to resiliency, recovery, and independence for Tennesseans living with mental illness and substance use disorders.
Our Vision: A state of resiliency, recovery, and independence in which Tennesseans living with mental illness and substance use disorders thrive.
- Customer Focused: An unwavering commitment to keep patients and those who serve them at the forefront of every decision.
- Integrity: Honesty and truth in all that we do.
- Inspired Purpose: The call to action in service of a cause greater than one’s self.
- Excellence: The highest standards for services, efficiency, and conduct.
- Compassionate and Effective Leadership: The ability to make effective decisions and inspire others through active listening and empathy.
- Solutions and Outcomes-Oriented: The commitment to positive outcomes and meaningful changes in response to the critical needs of the Tennesseans we serve.
- Partnership: Beyond teamwork, collaboration based on mutual success to the benefit of the Tennesseans we are blessed to serve.