Hawkins County Memorial Gardens
The State of Tennessee filed a petition asking that the Commissioner of Commerce and Insurance be appointed as receiver for Hawkins County Memorial Gardens, a cemetery located in Rogersville, TN, and for injunctive relief. On Monday, November 24, 2014, the court granted temporary injunctive relief, and on Tuesday, December 2, 2014, the court appointed the Commissioner as receiver.
Individuals with questions about the status of preneed contracts or consumer/lot owner inquiries regarding Hawkins County Memorial Gardens can contact the Office of the Special Deputy Receiver at 615-370-0051.
Individuals with criminal complaints against Hawkins County Memorial Gardens should contact their local authorities or the Hawkins County District Attorney's Office at 423-921-0567.
The documents posted are not intended to be complete records of these matters.
- Verified Petition for the Appointment of the Commissioner as Receiver for Hawkins County Memorial Gardens and for Extraordinary Relief (November 24, 2014)
- Application for Temporary Restraining Order (November 24, 2014)
- Memorandum of Law in Support of Application for Temporary Restraining Order (November 24, 2014)
- Temporary Restraining Order (November 24, 2014)
- Order Appointing Commissioner as Receiver for Hawkins County Memorial Gardens Cemetery and Granting Injunctive Relief (December 2, 2014)
- Supplemental Order Requiring Receiver to File Monthly Accounting and Report (December 8, 2014)