Working Facility Cover
|Livestock Minimum Requirements||Certifications||Lifetime Limit|
|Cattle - 30 Head
Goats/Sheep - 50 Head
|BQA – Beef and Dairy
|$3,500 Maximum Reimbursement|
|Standard 35% Cost Share | Master 50% Cost Share|
|Head of livestock = maximum number of single type, regardless of sex or age, at one time during the last 12 months.
Goats/Sheep can be combined to meet minimum number requirement.
Working Facility Cover — to cover existing livestock working equipment only
• New structures — permanent structures only
• Additions to existing structures — permanent structures only; additions consist of adding square footage to an existing barn in the form of a side shed and/or extension in length
• New permanent structures or additions to existing structures; not eligible — carport/garage structures
• Minimum size of 480 sq. ft. and minimum width of 16 ft.
• Minimum eave height — 10 ft. high clearance at the outside of shortest wall
• Minimum of two openings for livestock access/movement
• Roof material — metal or polymer coated fabric
• Sides/walls (optional) — metal or wood; structure cannot be completely enclosed
• Labor for construction of Working Facility Cover; not eligible — labor provided by applicant
• Working equipment must be arranged in a functional layout under the cover at time of reimbursement.
Equipment is not eligible for cost share.
Approvals will be allocated for the maximum amount of $3,500. Reimbursements will be based on finished project up to maximum per square foot. Examples of how to calculate the reimbursement amount will be included in the reimbursement packet.
- 1. 35% Cost Share — Standard Producer
$2.00/sq. ft. maximum reimbursement
- 50% Cost Share — Master Producer
$3.00/sq. ft. maximum reimbursement
|Email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.|