Master & Advanced Master Certification
The University of Tennessee offers several educational programs for the livestock industry. These programs are designed to provide hands-on experience in current management practices that are important to profitability and sustainability of the industry. TAEP approved applicants who have an eligible master producer certificate at the time of reimbursement may qualify for up to 50% cost share of the program maximum.
- Cattle Producer eligible courses include: Master and Advanced Master Beef, Master Dairy.
- Goat and Sheep Producer eligible courses include: Master and Advanced Master Small Ruminant, Master Dairy.
The following programs are eligible to receive 50% cost share:
• Livestock Equipment
• Livestock Working Facility Cover
• Hay Storage
• Livestock Solutions
Please note - Master and Advanced Master certificates are only eligible for a certain period of time. Please refer to the Eligible Certificates section to determine eligibility of your Master or Advanced Master certificate.
To be eligible for 50% cost share, an approved applicant must complete an eligible Master or Advanced Master course, prior to submission of their reimbursement request.
• Certificates must be current to be eligible for TAEP 50% reimbursement. Recertification is required if course was completed prior to 2015.
• Current certificate must be in the name of the applicant approved for TAEP cost share. No substitutions allowed.
• Copy of current certificate must be submitted with reimbursement request.
The following chart indicates master producer eligible courses by TAEP program and livestock type.
|TAEP Program Year||Eligible Master/Advanced Master Certificate|
|2018-2019||Issued January 1, 2015 or after|
|2019-2020||Issued January 1, 2016 or after
|2020-2021||Issued January 1, 2017 or after
|2021-2022||Issued January 1, 2018 or after
Master Producer Recertification
If you received your master certification any time after January 1, 2015, you will be eligible for 50% cost share for the 2018-2019 TAEP application period.
If you are unsure when you earned your master course certification, please contact your local UT/TSU Extension Agent for assistance.
Producer Diversification - To learn more about 50% cost share opportunities for Agritourism, Fruit and Vegetable, Honey Bee, Horticulture, Organic, and Value-Added sectors, please visit the Producer Diversification page here.