- Applications must be submitted during the application period June 1-7, 2015.
Application A cost share requests will be approved by priority level.
- Applications may be submitted by one of the following methods:
- Online – June 1, 2015 through June 7, 2015.
- Mail – Applications must have a postmark date ranging from June 1, 2015 through June 6, 2015.
- Hand delivery to TDA, Holeman Building, 424 Hogan Road, Nashville, TN 37220 between June 1, 2015 - June 5, 2015.
- Faxed or emailed applications will not be accepted.
- Applications postmarked or hand delivered prior to June 1, 2015 and after June 6, 2015 are ineligible.
Application B cost share requests are evaluated on a competitive basis by industry sector (Producer Diversification).
- Applicants can select one program from each program group – Genetics, Facility Improvement, and Storage.
- Applicants can select one priority rank for each program group in order of importance to their operation (1=first choice, 2=second choice, 3=third choice). See application form, Section 5, on page 21 for additional information.
Applicants may only submit one Application A per Federal IRS Schedule F, per person, per application period.
Applicants may only submit one Application B per Federal IRS Schedule F, per person, per application period.
Applicant will be notified in writing of approval or disapproval. Allow 12 weeks for application processing.
- Receipts dated prior to June 1, 2015 are not eligible.
- Receipts for in-kind services are not eligible (trade-in value is not eligible).
- Used equipment, used materials and leased equipment are not eligible for cost share reimbursement unless otherwise noted.
- Labor provided by applicant or their employees is not eligible for cost share reimbursement. Labor of any type is not eligible under
- Applicant cannot be reimbursed for purchases from a business where applicant participates in ownership (producer cooperatives excluded).
- Applicants cannot combine projects with other applicants.
- Reimbursement documentation must be postmarked or hand delivered by the deadline. Additional processing time is required for incomplete requests and requests submitted within one month of the program deadline.
- There can only be one reimbursement payment per cost share approval. Projects must be completed before submitting reimbursement documentation.
- Failure to complete projects and utilize any allocated funds can affect eligibility for future program participation. Partial utilization of allocated funds is allowed.
- Falsifying applications, invoices or other documents submitted to TDA may make producer and farm ineligible to participate in present and/or future TDA programs, and may result in civil litigation or criminal prosecution.
- Applicant must utilize equipment and structures purchased with cost share funds for the intended purpose of the program for a minimum of three continuous years from date of purchase.
- Site visits relating to the performance of the activity before, during and after completion may take place.
- Applicants may be required to repay funds if they fail to comply with all aspects of the cost share guidelines.
Tennessee Department of Agriculture may:
- Accept, modify or reject any or all requests.
- Modify program criteria, approval and payment processes.
- Provide partial funding for specific activity components that may be less than the full amount requested.
- Require additional information from the applicant.
- Deny payments for projects that do not meet requirements.