Tennessee Person-Centered Music Program
The Tennessee Person-Centered Music Program offers residents at participating Tennessee nursing homes individualized music as part of their care. The program is funded by a three-year Civil Monetary Penalty Grant from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services through the Tennessee Department of Health from February 1, 2019 to June 30, 2022. The $1M award will fund 147 nursing homes and 2,205 residents throughout Tennessee.
How do I become a volunteer?
This role is currently being offered virtually so volunteers will not need to travel and can perform the tasks needed from their homes. The first step in becoming a Tennessee Person-Centered Music Program Music Manager is to complete the Tennessee Person-Centered Music Program Music Manager application. We also strongly encourage you review the Tennessee Person-Centered Music Program volunteer role description to learn the essential duties and responsibilities and time commitment of this role.
- Tennessee Person-Centered Music Program Music Manager application
- Tennessee Person-Centered Music Program volunteer role description
- Assist a minimum of 5 nursing home residents complete a personalized music play list within 8-weeks of completing training
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Pass a basic background screening
- Complete online volunteer training
- Have access to a music streaming service such as Apple, Spotify, Tidal, etc.
- Have access to a computer with a virtual platform such as Zoom, TEAMS, etc. with sound sharing capabilities
- Demonstrate the ability to work well with others and have a diverse appreciation for music
Where can people volunteer?
The Tennessee Person-Centered Music Program allows volunteers to perform their roles remotely as long as they meet the volunteer requirements listed above. Program Coordinators will assist volunteers with making the connections to trained nursing home staff so volunteers can create a schedule to conduct Music Discovery Sessions.
Who do I contact for more information?
For more information about the program, please visit our website at: http://tnpersoncenteredmusic.org. If you have questions or are interested in becoming a Tennessee Person-Centered Music Program Music Manager, contact:
Program Coordinator – Amanda Boulware – Amanda.Boulware@tn.gov, 615-253-5206
Program Coordinator – Hanna Counts - Hanna.Counts@tn.gov, 615-313-6679