Stones River Hunter Education Center
Stones River Hunter Education Centers offers a wide variety of activities for the entire family, including three firearm ranges and two archery ranges. Hunter Education classes are also periodically taught at the center, and several events take place throughout the year at the center as well.
Directions: From I-40 (approximately 8.3 miles to the range) take Mt. Juliet exit (exit 226). Go South on South Mt. Juliet Road to Hobson Pike. Cross Percy Priest Lake and the range is on the left.
From I-24 (approximately 5.5 miles to the range) take the Old Hickory Blvd. exit (exit 62). Go North on Old Hickory Blvd. and cross Murfreesboro Rd. (highways 41 & 70 South) onto Hobson Pike. The range is 4 miles on the right.
2618 Hobson Pike
Antioch, TN 37013
Phone: (615) 770-3900
Firearms must be cased and unloaded. Also, ear and eye protection is required.
All shotguns must have a stock (no pistol grips) and the only ammunition allowed for shotguns is slugs.
- 50-foot range (30 positions, including 2 wheelchair accessible positions)
- 100-yard range (18 positions, including 1 wheelchair accessible position)
- 6 target sight-in archery range
Days & Hours of Operation
Open on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays
2017 Holiday Schedule
In 2017, the center will be closed for the following holidays:
- April 14, 15, 16 - Good Friday & Easter
- May 26, 27, 28 - Memorial Day
- July 1, 2, 3 - Independence Day
- September 1, 2, 3 - Labor Day
- November 11 - Veterans Day
- November 24 - Thanksgiving
- December 22, 23, 24 - Christmas
- December 29, 30, 31 - New Year's (The range will be open January 5, 2018 on normal winter hours.)
Friday-Saturday (10:00 AM - 4:30 PM, last ticket sold at 3:30 PM)
Sunday (1:00 PM - 4:30 PM, last ticket sold at 3:30 PM)
April - October
Friday-Saturday (10:00 AM - 6:00 PM, last ticket sold at 5:00 PM)
Sunday (1:00 PM - 6:00 PM, last ticket sold at 5:00 PM)
You do not need a hunting license to shoot at the range. Everyone (including hunting license holders) must purchase a permit.
Only cash and checks are accepted at the center.
Tier 2 Range Permit
$8.00 for 2 hours. Time begins when the patron checks in with the rangemaster.
Annual fee - $151.00