• Advanced Placement
• ACT - Credit for English Composition Based on ACT Scores
• Military Credit (through ACE and direct transcript evaluation)
• College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
• Credit for Certified Administrative Professional (CAP) Rating
• Credit by Departmental Examination (Institutional Challenge Exams)
• Credit for Learning through Life Experience (Portfolio Assessments)
• Credit for Tennessee Law Enforcement/Corrections Academy
• Diploma from a TN College of Applied Technology (TCAT)
Note: These fees represent institutional costs only. Some external agencies (particularly testing agencies) have their own fees, which can be found in the descriptions here.
When do PLA credits appear on a student's transcript?
Do they accept PLA credit transferred from other institutions?
If so, when do they appear on the student's transcript?
How do CLEP tests appear on a student's transcript?
Successful CLEP scores are indicated on the transcript with a designation of "CL."
Other limitations that student's should be aware of:
For general information about portfolio assessments, please see this page.
Do they offer portfolio credits?
Do they offer a course for students creating portfolios for assessment?
No course offered.
Who assesses student portfolios?
Institutional faculty member or instructor.
How do portfolio credits appear on a student's transcript?
A grade of "PR" indicates Proficiency in the course content.
Number of PLA earners (2010-2011):
State 2-Year Community College average is 122.
State 4-Year University average is 224.
PLA Hours earned (2010-2011):
State 2-Year Community College average is 581.
State 4-Year University average is 4,343.
Average age of PLA earners:
State average is 28.
Institutional Contact for PLA:
Director of Records
For more details about PLA at Dyersburg State Community College, including specific tests accepted, score requirements, and other details for each type of PLA, please see this page.