You have a right to fair treatment. And, at TennCare, we do not allow unfair treatment. If you think you have been treated unfairly, this page tells you who to contact. Remember, State and Federal laws protect you from unfair treatment!
No one can treat you in a different way because of your:
In TennCare, unfair treatment could mean many things. It could mean someone treated you differently because of one of the things listed above. For example:
- Maybe they didn't let you take part in the same things as other people.
- Maybe you did not get the help you needed to get health care.
- Maybe you did not get the health care that you needed.
- Do you think you have been treated unfairly?
You may contact any of the places listed below for help. You also have the right to file a complaint. By law, no one can get back at you for filing a complaint.
- Is your problem with your:
- Physical health care? Then call your Health Plan (MCO).
- Mental health care? Then call your Health Plan (MCO).
- Dental care? Then call DentaQuest.
Call their Member Services Line. The number is listed in your Member Handbook. Ask to speak with the Non-discrimination Compliance Coordinator.
Copy of the Complaint form
- Additional Information
- Department of Health and Human Services Office for Civil Rights
- Title VI Facts
- Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act Facts
- Non-Discrimination and HIV/AIDS or Related Condition Facts
- Age Discrimination Act Facts
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Non-Discrimination Contacts