- Start with yourself. Make a promise not to add to violence, including bullying, teasing, or spreading rumors. Respect others and value differences.
- Do not carry a gun or any other weapon. Guns always make fights worse.
- Immediately report anyone that you know is carrying a weapon.
If you feel pressured to do something you don't want to do, it is your right to:
- Change your mind. Say "No" and mean it.
- Leave a situation when the pressure is too much.
- Leave if you sense you are in danger.
- Accept no open drink, unless you watch it being poured.
Reference: "Your Health is in Your Hands" by the Tennessee Department of Health