Stage 2 Core Measure 15
Objective: The EP who transitions their patient to another setting of care or provider of care or refers their patient to another provider of care provides a summary care record for each transition of care or referral.
- The EP that transitions or refers their patient to another setting of care or provider of care provides a summary of care record for more than 50 percent of transitions of care and referrals;
- The EP that transitions or refers their patient to another setting of care or provider of care provides a summary of care record for more than 10 percent of such transitions and referrals either-
- Electronically transmitted using Certified EHR Technology to a recipient; or
- Where the recipient receives the summary of care record via exchange facilitated by an organization that is a NwHIN Exchange participant or in a manner that is consistent with the governance mechanism ONC establishes for the nationwide health information network, and
- An EP must satisfy one of the following:
- Conducts one or more successful electronic exchanges of a summary of care record meeting the measure specified in Core 14 Measure B with a recipient using technology to receive the summary of care record that was designed by a different EHR developer than the sender's EHR technology certified at 45 CFR 107.314(b)(2); or
- Conducts one or more successful tests with the CMS designated test EHR during the EHR reporting period.
Any EP who transfers a patient to another setting or refers a patient to another provider less than 100 times during the EHR reporting period.
CMS Specification Sheet
This objective and measure aligns with Menu Measure 8 in Stage 1 Meaningful Use. Beyond the transition from the menu to core set, the measure adds Measure B and C. Measure B requires 10 percent of summaries be transmitted electronically, and Measure C tests the ability to transmit messages to EHRs by other developers.