Long-Term Services & Supports
What Home Care Services are covered in CHOICES?
Here are some of the kinds of home care covered in CHOICES. Some of these services have limits. Your MCO will help you to determine what services below will meet your needs.
- Personal care visits - Short visits of no more than 4 hours where someone will help you do things like get out of bed, take a bath, get dressed, fix and eat meals, or use the bathroom.
- Attendant care - The same kinds of help you'd get with personal care visits, but for longer periods of time.
- Home-delivered meals
- Personal Emergency Response System - A call button so you can get help in an emergency.
- Adult day care - A place that provides supervised care and activities during the day.
- In-home respite care - Someone to stay with you in your home for a short time so your caregiver can get some rest.
- In-patient respite care - A short stay in a nursing home or assisted care living facility so your caregiver can get some rest.
- Assistive technology - Certain low-cost items that help you do things more easily or safely in your home like grabbers to reach things.
- Minor home modifications - Changes to your home that will help you get around more easily and safely like grab bars or a wheelchair ramp.
- Pest control - Spraying your home for bugs or mice.
- Community-Based Residential Alternatives -places that offer care and support for someone who can no longer live alone, like an Assisted Living Facility.
Some of these services can be provided through Consumer Direction.
Consumer Direction is a way of getting some of the home care you need. It offers more choice and control over WHO gives your home care and HOW your care is given. You actually employ the people who provide some of your home care services-they work for you (instead of an agency). This means you must be able to do the things that an employer would do - like hire, train and schedule workers.
You can hire a family member, friend, neighbor or other person you know to provide care in Consumer Direction, but there are some limitations. We want to support, but not replace care provided by family and friends. You'll find out more if you sign up for CHOICES.