Attesting after AIU
This information presented on this page is only for those providers who have already completed the AIU attestation. In the second and following years, you must provide proof that you are using your certified EHR system in a meaningful way.
Reminder: EPs receive their full EHR Incentive Payment over a six-year period. EPs make skip a year between attestations until 2016. After 2016, attestations must be submitted in consecutive years. With CMS approval, TennCare is making the full EHR Incentive Payments to EHs over a three-year period. EH incentive payments are made 50% the first year, 30% the second year, and 20% the third year. Dual eligible hospitals must submit their MU attestations to Medicare first. Once received from CMS, TennCare will notify those EHs that they can proceed with their TennCare Medicaid attestation.
Attesting after the First Program Year
The first program year for which you are attesting, can be any year from 2011 through 2016. After you attest for AIU, and in some cases, providers are choosing to attest for MU in the first year, you must follow the steps below to attest for MU.
NOTE: You will need to return to the CMS R&A System web site ONLY if
- You have obtained access (purchased, leased, etc.) to a different certified EHR system other than the one you attested with in the previous year. You will still have to enter the new CMS Certification number of your EHR system when you complete page 2 of the TennCare EHR attestation.
- You want/need to change the Payee NPI. For instance, you may have moved from one group practice/clinic to another, have joined a group, gone into solo practice, or otherwise want to re-direct where your EHR Incentive Payment is sent.
- Log in to the TennCare PIPP portal. Click on "Log in" in the upper left corner, and enter your User ID and password. (NOTE: You do NOT use the "Provider Web Registration" link found on this page. You have already completed this task.)
- Complete the first four pages: Provider Questions, EHR Questions, Required Forms, and Patient Volume Questions (remember EPs, your patient encounter data comes from a 90-day period in the previous calendar year). These must be completed EACH year of attestation. In addition, ALL documentation is required EACH year.
- Complete the Meaningful Use pages:
- Meaningful Use Core Set Questions
- Meaningful Use Menu Set Questions
- Meaningful Use Clinical Quality Measures
- EHs are required to submit updated Patient Volume data (acute care & CAHs) from the previous fiscal year for the second and third year attestations. EHs do not have to provide the information from their CMS or JAR report, as the incentive payment calculation was made the first year.
For additional information about attesting for meaningful use, go to the MU Overview page.