TennCare Medicaid is for Tennesseans who are eligible for a Medicaid program. You can apply anytime for TennCare Medicaid.
There are several different groups of people that may qualify. And, each group has different income limits. Some of the groups also have limits on how much you own-your "resources." These are things like bank accounts, cars, and land. The number of people who live in your household count too.
Some of the groups TennCare Medicaid covers are:
- Children under age 21
- Women who are pregnant
- Parents or caretakers of a minor child (The child must live with you and be a close relative.)
- Women who need treatment for breast or cervical cancer
- People who get an SSI check (Supplemental Security Income)
- People who have gotten both an SSI check and a Social Security check in the same month at least once since April, 1977 AND who still get a Social Security check
- A person who:
- Lives in a nursing home and has income below $2,205 per month, or
- Gets other long term care services that TennCare pays for
To apply, please visit https://www.healthcare.gov/