Middle Tennessee Weekly Construction Lane Closures, April 13-19, 2017
From Thursday, April 13 at 6PM through Monday, April 17 at 6AM there will be no temporary interstate construction lane closures in anticipation of increased holiday travel. http://www.tn.gov/tdot/news/interstate-construction-halted-for-easter-holiday
DAVIDSON COUNTY, The Resurfacing on SR 11 (Nolensville Pike) from Elysian Fields Road (L.M. 7.52) to Wingrove Street (L.M. 11.36)
- Starting Monday, April 17 and continuing nightly, 8PM-5AM, There will be alternating lane closures in both directions for milling and paving. One lane will remain open in each direction.
MACON COUNTY, Bridge Replacement on SR 151 over Salt Lick Creek ( L.M. 2.46)
- From now through June 2017, There will be a lane closure on SR 151 for bridge repair work. The bridge traffic will be controlled by temporary traffic signals.
MAURY COUNTY, The Repair of Bridges on SR 246 over Craters Creek & Mayhorn Branch (L.M. 1.07-2.34)
- From now through April 2018, There will be a lane closure to repair the bridge on SR 246 over Craters Creek and Mayhorn Branch. Traffic will be controlled by traffic signals.
MAURY COUNTY, Repair of Bridge over Sugar Creek (L.M. 3.10)
- From now through June 2017, There will be a continuous lane closure on SR 166 over Sugar Creek. One lane will remain open. Traffic will be controlled by traffic signals.
MAURY AND WILLIAMSON COUNTY, Resurfacing on SR 6 (US 31) from the Maury County Line to North of Thompson Ridge Road/Buckner Rd
- Daily starting Monday, April 17, 9AM-3PM, There will be lane closures on SR 6 from the Maury County line to north of Buckner Rd for installation of guardrail. At least one lane will remain open at all times.
RUTHERFORD COUNTY, Resurfacing of I-24 from east of the CSX Railroad Bridge (MM 82) to east of Epps Mill Road (MM 90)
- Nightly starting Monday, April 17, 8PM-5AM, There will be alternating lane closures on I-24 in both directions from MM 82 to MM 90 for resurfacing operations. One lane will remain open in each direction.
RUTHERFORD COUNTY, On-Call Concrete Pavement Repair From SR 1 to SR 102
- Daily, 6AM-8PM (excluding holiday lane closure restrictions), There will be a traffic shift on the ramps to allow for joint sealing of concrete. The ramps will remain open to traffic.
SMITH COUNTY, Bridge Deck Repair on I-40 eastbound (Bridge Over Caney Fork River)
- From now through Friday, May 26, There will be a lane closure on I-40 eastbound from MM 263-263.8 for bridge repair work. One lane will remain open. Drivers should expect delays and consider alternate routes.
SMITH COUNTY, Rockfall Mitigation on SR 25 (L.M. 8.5)
- Daily, 9AM-2PM (excluding holiday lane closure restrictions), There will be possible lane closures on SR 25 for grading and blasting operations. One lane will remain open.
SUMNER COUNTY, The Construction of Retaining Walls on SR 109 from Odom's Bend to the SR 109 Bypass of South of Gallatin
- Daily, 9AM-3PM (excluding holiday lane closure restrictions), There will be temporary lane closures on SR 109 for blasting operations at Lorraine Drive. One lane will remain open.
Maintenance & Utilities
Thursday, April 13, 9AM-3PM, There will be lane closures on Briley Parkway northbound for repairs on the bridge over I-65.
Starting Wednesday, April 12 and continuing daily 9AM-3PM (excluding holiday lane closure restrictions), There will be lane closures on Dickerson Road for milling and paving (near Briley Parkway).
Monday April 17 and Tuesday April 18, 8PM-5AM, There will be alternating lane closures on I-24 in both directions between Old Hickory Blvd (MM 40) and the Cheatham County line for thermoplastic striping operations.
Wednesday, April 12, 8PM-5AM, There will be lane closures for paving operations on I-24/I-40 in the Fesslers Lane area to the Silliman Evans Bridge (I-40 MM 210-212 and I-24 MM 49-51).
Monday April 17 through Tuesday, April 18, 8AM-1PM, There will be a shoulder closure on I-40 in both directions at MM 181 for survey work.
Monday, April 17 through Thursday, April 20, 7PM-3AM, There will be intermittent lane closures on I-40 in both directions from MM 135-137 to repair bridge joints west of the Cuba Landing interchange.
Motorists are encouraged to use caution and obey reduced speed limits in all TDOT work zones, regardless of lane closure activity. Information in this report is provided to the Department of Transportation by the contractors. Most work is weather dependent and subject to change due to inclement weather.
From your desktop or mobile device, get the latest construction activity and live streaming SmartWay traffic cameras at www.TNSmartWay.com/Traffic. Travelers can also dial 511 from any land-line or cellular phone for travel information, or follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TN511 for statewide travel.
As always, drivers are reminded to use all motorist information tools wisely and Know Before You Go! by checking travel conditions before leaving for your destination. Drivers should never tweet, text or talk on a cell phone while behind the wheel.