Middle Tennessee Weekly Construction Lane Closures, February 16-22, 2017
DAVIDSON COUNTY, Grading, drainage, & paving on I-40 eastbound at the interchange of I-440
- Daily (excluding weekends), 12PM-2PM, There will be rolling roadblocks on I-40 in both directions at MM 205 for blasting.
- Saturday February 18, 6AM-5PM, There will be two right lane closures on I-40 eastbound at MM 205 for excavation of rock. Two lanes will remain open.
DAVIDSON COUNTY, Repair of 6 Bridges at I-440/I-65 Interchange over US31 (SR 6, Franklin Pike)
- From now through May 2017, There will be lane shifts on I-440 and I-65 at the 440/65 junction to perform deck repairs, expansion joint repairs, and approach slab repairs.
- Nightly (excluding weekends), 8PM-5AM, There will be alternating lane closures on I-440 in both directions for bridge repairs. At least one lane will remain open in each direction.
- Saturday, February 18 and Sunday, February 19, 6AM-6PM, There will be alternating lane closures on I-440 in both directions at I-65 for bridge repairs. At least one lane will remain open in each direction.
DAVIDSON COUNTY, Concrete Coring on Approach Slab on I-65 from the Cumberland River Bridge to Trinity Lane
- Wednesday, February 15, 8PM-5AM, There will be alternating lane closures on I-65 southbound at the Trinity Lane bridge (MM 87) for coring of approach slab. Two lanes will remain open.
DAVIDSON and WILLIAMSON COUNTY, Expansion of ITS on I-65
- Monday February 20 through Thursday, February 23, 9PM-6AM, There will be alternating lane closures on I-65 northbound (M.M. 57.5). There will be one left & one right lane closure to install DMS foundations. At least one lane will remain open at all times.
- Monday February 20 through Thursday, February 23, 9PM-6AM, There will be lane on I-65 in both directions at MM 75 and MM 77 (near Old Hickory Blvd and Harding Place) to complete the DMS foundation and remove barrier rail. At least two lanes will remain open in each direction.
MACON COUNTY, Grading, Drainage, & Paving on SR 10 beginning south of Goose Creek and ending at SR 52
- Tuesday, February 21, 7AM-5PM, There will be temporary lane closures on SR 10 for blasting operations. One lane will remain open.
MACON COUNTY, Bridge Replacement on SR 151 over Salt Lick Creek ( L.M. 2.46)
- From now through June 2017, There will be a lane closure on SR 151 for bridge repair work. The bridge traffic will be controlled by temporary traffic signals.
MAURY COUNTY, Intersection Improvement at The Intersection of SR 50 & SR 245
- From now through June 2017, There will be lane closures on SR 50 (James Campbell Blvd.) for installation of traffic light poles & loops.
ROBERSTON & SUMNER COUNTY, ITS Expansion on I-65
- Nightly, 9PM-6AM (excluding weekends), There will be a lane closure on I-65 from MM 99 to 104 to install guardrail.
SMITH COUNTY, On-Call Concrete Pavement Repair From SR 53 to SR 24
- Daily, 8AM-3PM, There will be a traffic shift on SR 53 on the off ramp to allow for saw cutting and replacing concrete. The ramps will remain open to traffic.
SUMNER COUNTY, The Construction of Retaining Walls on SR 109 from Odom's Bend to the SR 109 Bypass of South of Gallatin
- Daily, 9AM-3PM, There will be temporary lane closures on SR 109 for blasting operations at Lorraine Drive. One lane will remain open.
WILSON COUNTY, On-Call Concrete Pavement Repair From I-40 eastbound to SR 26 (Exit 239A) & from SR 26 to I-40 westbound
- Daily, 8AM-3PM, There will be a traffic shift on the I-40 on-ramps at SR 26 to allow for saw cutting of the concrete. The ramps will remain open to traffic.
Maintenance & Utilities
The week of February 6 and continuing through the end of 2017, Major construction is scheduled to begin on Metro Water’s Cumberland City Low Transmission Water Main Improvement project, which impacts the Donelson Pike/Lebanon Road area. For complete information visit the website at http://www.cumberlandlowwaterproject.com/home.html.
Motorists are encouraged to use caution and obey reduced speed limits in all TDOT work zones, regardless of lane closure activity. Information in this report is provided to the Department of Transportation by the contractors. Most work is weather dependent and subject to change due to inclement weather.
From your desktop or mobile device, get the latest construction activity and live streaming SmartWay traffic cameras at www.TNSmartWay.com/Traffic. Travelers can also dial 511 from any land-line or cellular phone for travel information, or follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TN511 for statewide travel.
As always, drivers are reminded to use all motorist information tools wisely and Know Before You Go! by checking travel conditions before leaving for your destination. Drivers should never tweet, text or talk on a cell phone while behind the wheel.