TDOT ReconnectTransportation Systems Certificate
The TDOT Reconnect Transportation Systems Certificate Program is an 18-month course designed as a continuing education opportunity for TDOT employees.
- Employees must meet the following criteria to be eligible to apply for the TDOT Reconnect Transportation Systems Certificate Program:
1. Obtained a GED or H.S. Diploma
2. Completed at least 1 year (12 months) of continuous employment with TDOT
3. Received a "valued" or higher rating on the most recent performance review
4. Have a record free of disciplinary action within the past 2 years
The following courses are completed over an 18-month period:
- Orientation & General Safety
- Intro to Computer & Office Procedures
- Intro to Construction Equipment
- Construction & Business Math
- Hand & Power Tools
- Materials Management
- Plan Reading & Documentation
- Site Prep & Basic Foundation
- Formwork & Shoring
- Public/Business Communication & CS
- Spreadsheet & Database Applications
- Traffic Operations
- Project Planning & Administration
- Heavy Truck Operations & Maintenance
- Heavy Equipment Operation & Maintenance
- Advanced Math
- Capstone Project
- Regional Contacts
Region 1: Duane Manning Duane.Manning@tn.gov Region 3: Clay Culwell Clay.Culwell@tn.gov
What is TDOT Reconnect?
TDOT Reconnect encourages TDOT employees to learn and develop transportation-related skills that will provide monetary and career advancement opportunities. It is aligned with the statewide initiative, Tennessee Reconnect, which works to ensure adults have access to resources and supports necessary to further their education.
What is the Transportation Systems Certificate Program?
The Transportation Systems Certificate Program is an 18-month course that provides continuing education for TDOT employees and covers various transportation-related topics.
Who is eligible?
Any current TDOT employee who has not completed a secondary education program is eligible to participate in TDOT Reconnect.
How do I apply?
When available, employees will receive information on how to apply online.