T.C.A. § 2-10-126
- Any staff person or employee of the general assembly; member of a commission established by and responsible to the general assembly or either house of the general assembly; member or employee of a state regulatory commission, including, without limitation, directors of the Tennessee regulatory authority; or member or employee of any executive department or agency or other state body in the executive branch, who contracts to receive a fee, commission or any other form of compensation for consulting services from a person or entity other than the state, a county or municipality, shall be required to make the same disclosure required by § 2-10-125. The Tennessee ethics commission may devise a new form for disclosure of consulting fees or may modify the one required by § 2-10-125 for use by all parties required to disclose.
- All disclosures made to the commission pursuant to this section are public records and open for inspection during regular business hours.
- The disclosure shall be on a form designed by the Tennessee ethics commission, shall be made under oath, and shall contain a statement that a false statement on the report is subject to the penalties of perjury. A disclosure form shall be filed within five (5) days of entering any contract for consulting services. Such form shall be updated quarterly. The dates for filing the quarterly reports shall be determined by the Tennessee ethics commission.
- (1) It is a Class C misdemeanor for any person or entity to knowingly fail to file a disclosure form required by this section.
(2) It is a Class C misdemeanor for any person or entity to file a disclosure form required by this section more than thirty (30) days after the date on which the report is due.