Public Chapter 32
SENATE BILL NO. 1322
Substituted for: House Bill No. 960
AN ACTTo amend Tennessee Code Annotated, Title 4, Chapter 13, Part 4, relative to Cragfont in Sumner County.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY OF THE STATE OF TENNESSEE:
SECTION 1. Tennessee Code Annotated, Sections 4-13-404 -- 4-13-406, are amended by deleting these sections in their entirety and substituting the following:
Section 4-13-404. The Tennessee Historical Commission shall hold legal title to the property, but is authorized and empowered to assign the actual custody and control of the property to a Tennessee not-for-profit corporation organized for the express purpose of restoring, maintaining and operating Cragfont, provided such not-for-profit corporation was in existence as of July 1, 1995. Any such corporation shall have the right to operate and manage the property on behalf of the Tennessee Historical Commission for the benefit of the general public, and to keep the property and improvements in a high state of improvement and repair and to operate and maintain the grounds improved by the Tennessee Historical Commission in a manner consistent with such guidelines as may be promulgated by the Tennessee Historical Commission, or as Tennessee Historical Commission shall contract with the corporation.
Section 4-13-405. It is the intent of this part that Cragfont shall continue to be operated as a museum house open to the general public and preserved for the citizens of Tennessee and future generations.
SECTION 2. This act shall take effect upon becoming a law, the public welfare requiring it.