The mission of the Driver Services Division is to promote safe, knowledgeable, and competent drivers in the State of Tennessee. Using diversified program offerings, the Division is able to provide various services to Tennessee Citizens. The Driver Services Division is responsible for testing and issuing driver licenses as well as offering voter registration and issuance of driving records.
Due to illness, staffing is reduced at the Union City Driver Services Center. Therefore, customers may experience wait times longer than normal.
PLEASE NOTE: All documents are subject to verification with the issuing agency or source. Documents subject to verification may delay the issuance of your permit, driver license or identification only license.
No photocopies will be accepted!
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship, Lawful Permanent Resident Status or Proof of authorized stay in the United States
- Primary Proof of Identity
- Secondary Proof of Identity
- Proof of any Name Changes if Different than name on Primary ID
- Two Proofs of Tennessee Residency with your name and resident address - NO P.O. BOXES (Documents must be current. Must be dated within last 4 months.)
- A Social Security Number or sworn affidavit if no Social Security number has been issued.
Road Test Skills Appointments
To make an appointment for a non-commercial road skills test, please click Online Driver Services or call 866-849-3548.
- Decisions for Tennessee's Senior Driver
- Senior Drivers Training Toolkit
- Driver Safety for Tennessee Seniors
- Driver License Card Examples
- Obtaining a Driving Record (MVR)
- Obtaining a Crash Report
- License Fees
- Other State Driver License Programs
- Application For Tennessee Hardship Driver License and Hardship Driver License/Certificate Policy
- Certificate of Accurate Translation
- Driver Data Information Request
NOTE: Data Purchasing Policy & Procedures Attached
- Driver License Manual
- Graduated Driver License 50 Hour Certificate (Behind the Wheel Driving Experience)
NOTE: If your learner permit was issued prior to July 1, 2004, a certified birth certificate will be required upon exchange of permit to an Intermediate Restricted License.
- Graduated Driver License Poster
- Minor/ Teen-age Affidavit and Cancellation
- Order for Restricted License
NOTE: This type restricted License is only issued for frequent traffic violation suspensions. If you have a suspension/revocation/cancellation for any other reason, you must have your license reinstated before you can apply for this restricted license. If you qualify for a restricted license, our Frequent Traffic Violations page provides a list of additional documentation you need to provide and additional requirements that must be met in order to apply for the restricted driver license. Please review all requirements thoroughly before submitting your application. For other types of restricted licenses provided for under the law and requirements, view Restricted License Information.
- Request To Release Personal Information
- Request for Driver Record (MVR)-Authorized Requestor
Requestor for Authorized by Driver Privacy Protection Act
- Request for Driver Record (MVR)-Individual Authorization
Driver's Authorization Required
- CDL Skills Test Military Waiver Application