Order Dealer Drive-out Tags or Temporary Trailer Tags
- Dealer Drive Out Tags (Green Tags) are issued by licensed motor vehicle dealers to be used while registration plates are ordered. The fee is $5.50 per tag.
- Five-day Trailer Temporary Tags (Yellow Tags) are issued by trailer manufacturers to purchasers of trailers needing to transport them through Tennessee. The fee is $9 per tag.
- Licensed Motor Vehicle Dealers in Tennessee selling automobiles and/or motorcycles, or trailer manufacturers will need to complete the Temporary Plate Application Form in its entirety and mail with applicable fees to:
Tennessee Department of Revenue
Vehicle Services Division
44 Vantage Way, Suite 160
Nashville, TN 37243-8050
- Payment must be made using a check in the name of the dealership/trailer manufacturer requesting Temporary Plates.
- This page DOES NOT refer to Temporary Operation Permits (Red Tags). Click here for more information regarding temporary operation permits.