Department of Revenue job openings fall into two categories: Preferred Service and Executive Service.
Preferred Service Application Process
1. Visit the Department of Human Resources Web site at http://www.tn.gov/dohr/employment/applicant.shtml.
Please note: Only Tennessee State Employees may apply for the jobs listed on the "Promotional Openings" page.
2. Choose the job for which you wish to apply and click the "Apply" link to access the login page for the online employment application.
3. You will need to set up an online account before you can log in and begin completing your application.
4. After you have completed your personal profile and completed your education and employement history, your application will be evaluated to determine whether you meet the minimum qualifications required for the job.
5. You will be notified of your eligibility within a few weeks following the submission of your application.
6. The list of eligible applicants will be used to fill the posted vacancy.
Application Assistance: You many contact the Applicant Services Divisiion at (615) 741-4841 for assistance between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. (Central Time). If you are experiencing a technical problem with the online application program after 4:30 p.m., then you may contact the NeoGov Applicant help desk at (877) 204-4442 for assistance until 9 p.m. (Central Time).
Executive Service Application Process
Review the executive service job description listed under the "Search Current Openings" link on Revenue's Web site and follow the instructions for submitting your application. Examples of executive service positions include, but are not limited to : Attorneys, Administrative Hearing Officers, and Divisional Directors.
Should you need additional assistance in applying for an executive service position, you can contact Revenue's Human Resources office at (615) 741-2828.