Department Of Commerce and Insurance
Tennessee State Board of Accountancy
500 James Robertson Parkway
Nashville, Tennessee 37243-1141
(615) 741-2550 Or 1-888-453-6150
Fax (615) 532-8800
Information and Instructions for Accountancy Board Complaints
Included is the Complaint form of the Division of Regulatory Boards, Accountancy Board. Before completing the form, please read the following:
- The boards and commissions were created to enforce their respective State licensing laws. Their power and authority exist only within the area authorized by the legislature. In order to protect the public welfare, only those who meet the requirements for licensure are licensed; furthermore, licensees who fail to follow the laws of the profession are subject to disciplinary action.
- Any person may file a complaint for unlicensed activity where such activity reuires licensure by law. After investigation, the Board can seek criminal prosectution against those it finds are operating or practicing without a license. It can also seek an injunction to prohibit further unlicensed activities.
- The boards and commissions cannot recover or order the refund of any money or property to which you may be entitled. You should consult with your own attorney about a lawsuit for such matters. In certain instances, a judge can revoke or suspend the license of the person against whom you are complaining, (the respondent).
- Upon receiving your complaint form, we will send a copy to the respondent asking for his/her written response to the board within 14 days.
- The complaint and response will be reviewed and if additional information is necessary, an investigation will be initiated. The legal staff will present the findings to the Board, which has the sole authority to determine the appropriate action. You will be notified of the Board’s determination. The average processing time for a complaint is approximately six months.
- If the board votes to hold a formal hearing, you may be subpoenaed to testify.
Warning: The information submitted on this internet form is not secure/encrypted during its transmission from your computer to the State of Tennessee's computer system. It is secure once received on the State's computer system. Please be aware of this fact and do not enter sensitive information.
Click here for printable version