Middle Tennessee Weekly Construction Lane Closures, March 16-22, 2017
DAVIDSON COUNTY, Bridge Repair on I-65 over Cumberland River at Cowan Street
- Nightly (excluding Friday and Saturday), 8PM-5AM, There will be alternating lane closures on I-65 at MM 86 in both directions for bridge repairs. Two lanes will remain open at all times.
DAVIDSON COUNTY, ITS Maintenance on I-24
- Daily (excluding weekends), 9AM-3PM, There will be a shoulder closure on I-24 in both directions for RDS repair. All travel lanes will be open.
DAVIDSON and WILLIAMSON COUNTY, Expansion of ITS on I-65
- Daily (excluding weekends), 9AM-3PM, There will be shoulder closures on I-65 in both directions from MM 52 to MM 77 for foundation and miscellaneous work.
MACON COUNTY, Bridge Replacement on SR 151 over Salt Lick Creek ( L.M. 2.46)
- From now through June 2017, There will be a lane closure on SR 151 for bridge repair work. The bridge traffic will be controlled by temporary traffic signals.
MAURY COUNTY, Intersection Improvement at the Intersection of SR 50 & SR 245
- From now through June 2017, There will be lane closures on SR 50 (James Campbell Blvd.) for paving.
MAURY COUNTY, Repair of Bridge over Sugar Creek (L.M. 3.10)
- From now through June 2017, There will be a continuous lane closure on SR 166 over Sugar Creek. One lane will remain open. Traffic will be controlled by traffic signals.
ROBERTSON & SUMNER COUNTY, ITS Expansion on I-65
- Daily (excluding weekends), 9AM-3PM, There will be a shoulder closure on I-65 in both directions from MM 94 to 110 for miscellaneous work to site test DMS equipment and CCTV locations. All travel lanes will remain open.
RUTHERFORD COUNTY, Resurfacing of I-24 from east of the CSX Railroad Bridge (MM 82) to east of Epps Mill Road (MM 90)
- Friday, March 17, 8PM through Saturday, March 18, 2PM, There will be a traffic shift on the ramps from I-24 westbound to Epps Mill Rd. (Exit 89) to saw deteriorated concrete. There will be a traffic shift on the ramps from I-24 eastbound (Exit 89) for saw cutting of the concrete pavement. Ramp will remain open to traffic. Only one ramp will be impacted at a time.
RUTHERFORD COUNTY, The resurfacing of I-840 eastbound from West Fork Stones River Bridge (M.M. 55) to East Fork Stones River Bridge (MM 61)
- Nightly starting Sunday, March 19, 8PM-5AM, There will be a traffic shift on I-840 eastbound (Exit 57) on the on-ramp for sawing of concrete. The ramp will remain open to traffic.
RUTHERFORD COUNTY, On-Call Concrete Pavement Repair From SR 1 to SR 102
- Continuous, There will be a traffic shift on the ramps to allow for replacement of concrete. Ramp shifts will continue nightly. The ramps will remain open to traffic.
SMITH COUNTY, Bridge Deck Repair on I-40 eastbound (Bridge Over Caney Fork River)
- Monday, March 20, through Wednesday, March 22, 8PM-6AM, There will be a lane closure on I-40 eastbound for paving operations associated with upcoming bridge work. One lane will remain open.
SMITH COUNTY, On-Call Concrete Pavement Repair From SR 53 to SR 24
- Thursday, March 16 through Wednesday March 22, 8AM-3PM, There will be a traffic shift on the off ramp to allow for saw cutting and replacing concrete. The ramps will remain open to traffic.
SUMNER COUNTY, The Construction of Retaining Walls on SR 109 from Odom's Bend to the SR 109 Bypass of South of Gallatin
- Daily, 9AM-3PM, There will be temporary lane closures on SR 109 for blasting operations at Lorraine Drive. One lane will remain open.
Maintenance & Utilities
Wednesday, March 22, 8PM-5AM, There will be lane closures on I-40 eastbound between Demonbreun (MM 209) and 2nd Avenue for pavement repair. One lane will remain open.
Thursday, March 16, 10AM-3PM, There will be a lane closure on I-40 eastbound between 2nd and 4th Avenue for overhead sign maintenance. One lane will remain open.
Sunday, March 19, 6AM-10AM, There will be rolling roadblocks on Ellington Parkway at Broadmoor Dr for Comcast to overlash fiber.
The week of February 6 and continuing through the end of 2017, Major construction is scheduled to begin on Metro Water’s Cumberland City Low Transmission Water Main Improvement project, which impacts the Donelson Pike/Lebanon Road area. For complete information visit the website at http://www.cumberlandlowwaterproject.com/home.html.
Thursday, March 16, 9AM-3PM, There will be alternating inside lane closures as well as shoulder closures on I-40 in both directions on the bridge over Williamson County Line Rd. (MM 181) for surveying. The outside lanes of traffic will remain open at all times.
Daily, 9AM-3PM, There will be rolling roadblocks on SR 396 for blasting purposes.
Sunday, March 19, 6AM-8AM, There will be rolling roadblocks on I-24 between MM 4 and MM 8 (Dunlop Lane Overpass) for AT&T to overlash fiber optic cable.
Motorists are encouraged to use caution and obey reduced speed limits in all TDOT work zones, regardless of lane closure activity. Information in this report is provided to the Department of Transportation by the contractors. Most work is weather dependent and subject to change due to inclement weather.
From your desktop or mobile device, get the latest construction activity and live streaming SmartWay traffic cameras at www.TNSmartWay.com/Traffic. Travelers can also dial 511 from any land-line or cellular phone for travel information, or follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TN511 for statewide travel.
As always, drivers are reminded to use all motorist information tools wisely and Know Before You Go! by checking travel conditions before leaving for your destination. Drivers should never tweet, text or talk on a cell phone while behind the wheel.