Middle Tennessee Weekly Construction Lane Closures, March 9-15
DAVIDSON COUNTY, Bridge Repair on I-65 over Cumberland River at Cowan Street
- Nightly (excluding Friday and Saturday), 8PM-5AM, There will be alternating lane closures on I-65 at MM 86 in both directions for bridge repairs. Two lanes will remain open at all times.
DAVIDSON and WILLIAMSON COUNTY, Expansion of ITS on I-65
- Daily (excluding weekends), 9AM-3PM, There will be shoulder closures on I-65 in both directions from MM 52 to MM 77 for foundation and miscellaneous work.
MACON COUNTY, Bridge Replacement on SR 151 over Salt Lick Creek ( L.M. 2.46)
- From now through June 2017, There will be a lane closure on SR 151 for bridge repair work. The bridge traffic will be controlled by temporary traffic signals.
MAURY COUNTY, Intersection Improvement at the Intersection of SR 50 & SR 245
- From now through June 2017, There will be lane closures on SR 50 (James Campbell Blvd.) for paving
MAURY COUNTY, Repair of Bridge over Sugar Creek (L.M. 3.10)
- From now through June 2017, There will be a continuous lane closure on SR 166 over Sugar Creek. One lane will remain open. Traffic will be controlled by traffic signals.
ROBERTSON COUNTY, Construction of New Interchange on I-65 at SR 109
- Tuesday, March 14, 8AM-11AM, There will a lane closure in the outside lane of I-65 northbound for pothole repair work between MM 118 and MM 121. At least one lane will remain open.
ROBERTSON & SUMNER COUNTY, ITS Expansion on I-65
- Daily (excluding weekends), 9AM-3PM, There will be a shoulder closure on I-65 in both directions from MM 94 to 110 for miscellaneous work to site test DMS equipment and CCTV locations. All travel lanes will remain open.
RUTHERFORD COUNTY, Resurfacing of I-24 from east of the CSX Railroad Bridge (MM 82) to east of Epps Mill Road (MM 90)
- Friday, March 10 through Monday, March 13, 8PM-5AM, There will be a traffic shift on the ramps from I-24 westbound to Epps Mill Rd. (Exit 89) to saw deteriorated concrete. There will be a traffic shift on the ramps from I-24 eastbound (Exit 89) for saw cutting of the concrete pavement. Ramp will remain open to traffic. Only one ramp will be impacted at a time.
SMITH COUNTY, On-Call Concrete Pavement Repair From SR 53 to SR 24
- Thursday, March 9 through Wednesday March 15, 8AM-3PM, There will be a traffic shift on the off ramp to allow for saw cutting & replacing concrete. The ramps will remain open to traffic.
SUMNER COUNTY, The Construction of Retaining Walls on SR 109 from Odom's Bend to the SR 109 Bypass of South of Gallatin
- Daily, 9AM-3PM, There will be temporary lane closures on SR 109 for blasting operations at Lorraine Drive. One lane will remain open.
Maintenance & Utilities
Thursday, March 8 through Thursday March 15, 7PM-5AM, There will be a lane closure on I-24 in both directions from MM 32-39 for in-place paving. One lane will remain open in both directions.
Sunday, March 12, 6AM-7AM, There will be a rolling road block for Comcast to overlash fiber onto existing cables at Briley Parkway, Exit 26B.
The week of February 6 and continuing through the end of 2017, Major construction is scheduled to begin on Metro Water’s Cumberland City Low Transmission Water Main Improvement project, which impacts the Donelson Pike/Lebanon Road area. For complete information visit the website at http://www.cumberlandlowwaterproject.com/home.html.
Thursday, March 9, 7PM-2AM, There will be a lane closure on I-40 eastbound at MM 136 (the bridge over Cuba Landing Road) for milling and paving.
Daily, 9AM-3PM, There will be rolling roadblocks on SR 396 for blasting purposes.
Motorists are encouraged to use caution and obey reduced speed limits in all TDOT work zones, regardless of lane closure activity. Information in this report is provided to the Department of Transportation by the contractors. Most work is weather dependent and subject to change due to inclement weather.
From your desktop or mobile device, get the latest construction activity and live streaming SmartWay traffic cameras at www.TNSmartWay.com/Traffic. Travelers can also dial 511 from any land-line or cellular phone for travel information, or follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TN511 for statewide travel.
As always, drivers are reminded to use all motorist information tools wisely and Know Before You Go! by checking travel conditions before leaving for your destination. Drivers should never tweet, text or talk on a cell phone while behind the wheel.