Middle Tennessee Weekly Construction Lane Closures, March 2-8
DAVIDSON COUNTY, Bridge Repair on I-65 over Cumberland River at Cowan Street
- Nightly (excluding Friday and Saturday), 8PM-5AM, There will be alternating lane closures on I-65 at MM 86 in both directions for bridge repairs. Two lanes will remain open at all times.
DAVIDSON COUNTY, On-call signing on SR 255
- Thursday March 2 through Monday, March 6, 9AM-3PM, There will be a right shoulder closure on SR 255 in both directions for sign replacement. All travel lanes will remain open.
DAVIDSON and WILLIAMSON COUNTY, Expansion of ITS on I-65
- Daily (excluding weekends), 9AM-3PM, There will be shoulder closures on I-65 in both directions from MM 52 to MM 77 for foundation and miscellaneous work.
MACON COUNTY, Grading, Drainage, & Paving on SR 10 (Macon Co.) beginning South of Goose Creek & ending at SR 52 (L.M. 5.06-6.86)
- Daily, 7AM-5PM, There will be temporary lane closures on SR 10 for blasting work. At least one lane will remain open.
MACON COUNTY, Bridge Replacement on SR 151 over Salt Lick Creek ( L.M. 2.46)
- From now through June 2017, There will be a lane closure on SR 151 for bridge repair work. The bridge traffic will be controlled by temporary traffic signals.
MAURY COUNTY, Intersection Improvement at the Intersection of SR 50 & SR 245
- From now through June 2017, There will be lane closures on SR 50 (James Campbell Blvd.) for installation of traffic light poles and loops.
MAURY COUNTY, Repair of Bridge over Sugar Creek (L.M. 3.10)
- From now through June 2017, There will be a continuous lane closure on SR 166 over Sugar Creek. One lane will remain open. Traffic will be controlled by traffic signals.
ROBERTSON & SUMNER COUNTY, ITS Expansion on I-65
- Daily (excluding weekends), 9AM-3PM, There will be a shoulder closure on I-65 in both directions from MM 94 to 110 for miscellaneous work to site test DMS equipment and CCTV locations. All travel lanes will remain open.
SUMNER COUNTY, The Construction of Retaining Walls on SR 109 from Odom's Bend to the SR 109 Bypass of South of Gallatin
- Daily, 9AM-3PM, There will be temporary lane closures on SR 109 for blasting operations at Lorraine Drive. One lane will remain open.
Maintenance & Utilities
The week of February 6 and continuing through the end of 2017, Major construction is scheduled to begin on Metro Water’s Cumberland City Low Transmission Water Main Improvement project, which impacts the Donelson Pike/Lebanon Road area. For complete information visit the website at http://www.cumberlandlowwaterproject.com/home.html.
Thursday, March 2, 7AM-12PM, There will be a lane closure on I-40 eastbound at MM 139 (the bridge over Cuba Landing Road) for milling and paving.
Motorists are encouraged to use caution and obey reduced speed limits in all TDOT work zones, regardless of lane closure activity. Information in this report is provided to the Department of Transportation by the contractors. Most work is weather dependent and subject to change due to inclement weather.
From your desktop or mobile device, get the latest construction activity and live streaming SmartWay traffic cameras at www.TNSmartWay.com/Traffic. Travelers can also dial 511 from any land-line or cellular phone for travel information, or follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TN511 for statewide travel.
As always, drivers are reminded to use all motorist information tools wisely and Know Before You Go! by checking travel conditions before leaving for your destination. Drivers should never tweet, text or talk on a cell phone while behind the wheel.