How to complete your First Round Interview
All applicants meeting the minimum qualifications will be sent an invitation to participate in a first round interview. First round interview notices are sent the day following the closing date for the job applied. All first round interview notices will be emailed to the email address listed on an applicant's profile. Applicant's should check junk, spam, or other email boxes regularly to ensure notifications are being received.
- Upon receiving the First Round Interview notice, locate the interview link. To access the First Round Interview link, you may:
- Click on the link within the interview notice
- Copy and paste the link into the web address bar at the top of the webpage.
- Type the web link exactly as it appears in the notice to the web address bar at the top of the webpage.
Note: Please make sure the pop-up blocker on your computer is turned off when clicking the interview link within the interview notice. Please be aware the State of Tennessee cannot compensate for issues pertaining to opening the survey on your personal computer.
Example of First Round Interview notice and where to locate the interview link:
We are pleased to inform you that you meet the qualifications for the Test-010115-12345 position which you recently applied. You have been selected to take part in a first round interview.
This interview is in the form of an electronic questionnaire. Depending on the number of questions asked, the first round interview process may take anywhere from a few minutes up to an hour to complete. To begin your interview, go to the web site below (simply click on the URL or copy it and paste into your web browser).
Carefully review the questions and answer them as completely as possible. Your interview responses will be sent to the hiring agency who will determine which candidates will be invited for a second round interview.
You must complete the first round interview no later than five (5) calendar days (including holidays and weekends) from the date of this notice in order to progress in the hiring process for Test-010115-12345. If you have questions about this process, please contact the Department of Human Resources at 615- 741-4841.
Link to interview: www.surveymonkeylink.com ...
At the end of your survey you must click Done in order to submit your survey responses. When you click Done, your Survey End Page will appear. You may print your Survey End Page as means of confirmation (right-click the webpage, and select Print).
Department of Human Resources
- After accessing the link, the page will navigate to the survey monkey page. (Note: Each job vacancy will have its own first round interview notice. Each notice will have a unique survey monkey link for the first round interview questions.)
- Answer all questions within the survey including first name, last name, and last four digits of your social security number. Hiring agencies may ask any question that pertains to the vacancy, so there may be one question or there could be several additional questions. Question types may include, but are not limited to, behavioral-based questions, competency-based questions, open-ended questions, yes/no questions, and multiple choice questions.
- When all questions are complete, click the DONE button located at the bottom of the survey. Failure to click DONE will result in your answers not being recorded. You must submit your survey answers no later than five (5) calendar days from the date of the first round interview notice. You may submit one survey for each notice received.
- A confirmation page (“Thank you” page) will be displayed once you hit the DONE button.
- It is important you print or save the confirmation page for your records, as the page will be needed to confirm you have completed the survey if any submission issue arises. If you do not print or save this page, we cannot verify you have completed the survey.
- If you would like to print the confirmation page, simply right-click anywhere on the screen and select “Print”. You will need to select “Print” once again in order to print the page.
- Click DONE after you print or save your confirmation page. At this time, you may close your browser. You have successfully completed the First Round Interview process.
- If you are still experiencing a problem with completing the First Round Interview, please contact the HR Service Center at 615-741-4841.