Public Health Reporting Options
For more information on the Public Health MU Items including the onboarding and testing processes, trading partner agreements and specifications, please review the following. All fact sheets will be updated as soon as changes are required and/or if updates are made.
Electronic Case Reporting (eCR) – TDH Is actively developing requirements and documentation to support eCR :
- Contact TDH Communicable Disease Surveillance Systems and Informatics Program at (615) 532-6655 or send an email to CEDS.Informatics@tn.gov.
Electronic Lab Reporting (ELR) - For Eligible Hospitals:
Syndromic Surveillance Messaging (SSM) – For Eligible Hospitals (w/Emergency Departments):
Immunization Registry Messaging (IMM) - For Eligible Professionals or Eligible Hospitals:
- Contact the Tennessee Immunization Information System (TennIIS) Help Desk (844) 206-9927 or send an email to TennIIS.MU@tn.gov.
- TennIIS Electronic Data Exchange (IIS) Fact Sheet
- Tennessee Immunization Information System - TennIIS
- TennIIS Data Exchange On-Boarding Checklist
- TennIIS FAQs
Cancer Case Reporting (CCR) - For Eligible Professionals:
Other Public Health/Specialized Registries:
TDH is not currently participating in other Specialized Registries outside of the Tennessee Cancer Registry for Meaningful Use and Advancing Care Information; however TDH recommends the National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN) as an option for eligible hospitals. The NHSN surveillance system is used by TDH’s Healthcare Associated Infections and Antimicrobial (HAI/AR) program to track HAI prevention progress over time. Similar to other NHSN modules, facilities may confer rights to the HAI/AR program for the AUR modules.
Surveys from the National Center for Health Statistics
- National Health Care Surveys
- National Hospital Care Survey (NHCS)
- National Ambulatory Medical Survey (NAMCS)
CMS has outlined a few steps for EPs, EHs, and CAHs to determine if there is a specialized registry available to them - https://questions.cms.gov/faq.php?faqId=13657.
See also the National Institutes of Health (NIH) list of available registries. http://www.nih.gov/health-information/nih-clinical-research-trials-you/list-registries
If you have questions about any other TDH registry not listed above, please contact TDH.Informatics@tn.gov.
For questions regarding Meaningful Use, please contact MU.Health@tn.gov.