Medical Laboratory Board
- Waived Tests - Point of Care
- Waived Tests - Health Fair/Health Screens
- Guidelines - Point of Care Exemption Packets (12-12-2013)
- Criminal Background Check Required for New Applications
- New Address (07-05-2006)
- Statute Change for Release of Medical Records (05-16-2006)
- Legislation Action 2005 (09-28-2005)
- Division of Health Related Boards Recruiting Board Consultants (09-19-2005)
- Director Level Credentialing Agencies Accepted by the Tennessee Medical Laboratory Board (05-16-2005)
During the 2005 legislative session the following two (2) sections of the Tennessee Code Annotated (T.C.A.) 68-29-101 known as the Tennessee Medical Laboratory Act were amended:
1-T.C.A. 68-29-117(d)(1) The board may issue to an applicant a temporary license as a medical technician, medical technologist, special analyst or medical laboratory director who has successfully completed the academic requirements for the license sought and who is scheduled to take the next available approved examination.
2-T.C.A. 68-29-117(d)(6) The recipient of a temporary license issued under the provisions of this subsection shall work only under the direct supervision of licensed medical laboratory personnel appointed by the laboratory supervisor as preceptor to the temporary licensee. This preceptor will hold a license equal to or higher than the temporary licensee’s level of licensure.
This legislative action became effective June 20, 2005.
New Telephone Number for Health Related Boards
The installation of a new telephone system has prompted a change in the toll-free telephone number for Health Related Boards. Effective Friday, January 9, 2004, after 4:00 p.m., the number will be changed to 1-800-778-4123. The local dialing number remains the same, 615-532-3202. Individual office extension numbers will remain the same. The new system is more user-friendly and was designed with the needs of the callers in mind.
The toll-free telephone number for the Office of Investigations will remain the same. It is 1-800-852-2187, with the local dialing number of 615-532-3421. These numbers should be used if you wish to obtain information on how to file a complaint or have questions regarding a disciplinary action against a health practitioner.