Board of Medical Examiners
- E-Prescribing Controlled Substances
- Private Advisory Ruling regarding the retention of mammogram films.
- Statement of Clarification Relative to Polysomnography
- On November 6, 2007, the Board of Medical Examiners addressed Public Chapter 469 relative to the licensure of healthcare professionals practicing Polysomnography and issues the following clarification: It is the Board of Medial Examiners’ view that credentialing for all persons performing Polysomnography is delayed until July 2010 to allow any currently licensed respiratory therapist or an unlicensed sleep technician ample time to comply with Tennessee Code Annotated Section 63-31-101, et seq.
- Private Advisory Ruling Regarding The Performance of Body Scarification as a Medical Procedure Requiring a Physician dated November 6, 2007
- DEA Publishes Final Rule on Multiple Prescriptions for Schedule II Controlled Substances
A Drug Enforcement Administration rule titled Issuance of Multiple Prescriptions for Schedule II Controlled Substances, will be effective Dec. 19, 2007. The rule amends the DEAs regulations to allow practitioners to provide individual patients with multiple prescriptions for a specific Schedule II controlled substance, written on the same date, to be filled sequentially. The combined effect of such sequential multiple prescriptions is that it allows a patient to receive over time up to a 90-day supply of that controlled substance. The Controlled Substances Act does not permit the refilling of Schedule II controlled substances, requiring that a new prescription be issued for each quantity of the substance. To view the rule, visit http://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/fed_regs/rules/2007/fr1119.htm (11-30-2007)
- Criminal Background Check Required for New Applications
- Statute Change for Release of Medical Records (05-16-2006)
- Information about Avian Flu (05-08-2006)
- Information for Physicians Who Sign (Certify) Death Certificates (11-21-2005)
- Reminder to Physicians Regarding Additional Grounds for Disciplinary Action - Client Billing (10-26-2005)
- Information on Office Based Surgery (10-17-2005)
- Tennessee Technology Access Project (09-14-2005)
- Private Advisory Ruling Regarding "Client Billing" (04-30-2004)